Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 22: What would you say is your biggest fear when it comes to relationships?


So many fears when it comes to a relationship; the fear to loss your partner, to give it all and come to find out that it was all a waste of time, to love someone and not to be loved the same way, of letting your guard down, being cheated on or used in some way, trust being broken, disrespected, being hurt, broken heart, etc. etc...


I have a hard time trusting someone and letting someone in my life. It takes a long time for that to truly happen. I believe that no matter what you will hurt when you love someone but that's something that happens because you love that person and so you will end up hurting someone as well. 
For a relationship is based on friendship, trust and respect.  Having a strong longing and passion for another is important, but is not enough fuel to keep the bond running. There's no way you can have a healthy relationship if you don't trust each other. So, if there's one of those three missing than I believe the relationship could fail at any given point. 

We all have different personalities and I think I have one of the most complicated ones lol... I think I demand too much :D... But I would have to say that my biggest fear is losing the trust, respect or friendship of my partner. If I do not trust someone how can I coexist with that person, if there's no respect how can I value my partner and without friendship will not have as much strength to go through tough times.

But at a given point you have to let go of your fears if you really want to try and commit to someone you love even if you fear failure. No one knows what will the future brings but as long as you keep a healthy relationship and know what your goals are as well as your partner's and together reach them and both are in the same page and there's love, respect, trust and friendship have no doubt that it can last a lifetime. 

But don't forget about yourself because if you are not happy you can't make someone else happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment